Excursions and horseback riding in Lazio near Rome
A few kilometers from Rome, among the hills, villages and woods of Lazio, you can take a pleasant ride on horseback and enjoy the quiet of nature.
Accompanied by an equestrian guide, during the excursion you will follow paths through forests, streams, rolling hills, where you can meet wild specimens of foxes, wild boars, hedgehogs and colorful wild birds.
You can choose between different proposals for excursions and walks for all levels.
Several options are available
Horseback riding in the upper Sabina
Departures from well-equipped riding schools located inside farmhouses and agricultural resorts, with the possibility of an aperitif, lunch and overnight stay.
You can take several pleasant horseback rides through the olive groves, in the woods, in the mountains or along the Farfa river, inside a suggestive canyon.
Prices for nature walks in upper Sabina
- 1 hour ride: starting from € 45.00 per person
- 2 hours ride: starting from € 65.00 per person
- 3 hours ride: starting from € 90.00 per person
Other horse riding itineraries in upper Sabina – Price on request
- Horse trekking for a day with lunch in nature (BBQ) and final aperitif (1 day)
- Horse trekking in the mountains and in the Piana di Rascino with lunch and option to stay overnight in a tent (1 or 2 days)
- Horseback riding in the Nazzano Tevere Farfa river reserve (4 hours)
- Horseback ride around Lake Turano (4 hours)
- Horse trekking on Monte Terminillo (3 days)
Participants: minimum 2 / maximum 20
On request we can organize a BBQ lunch:
- Menu: Appetizer with cold cuts and cheeses, Mixed meat, salad, Dessert or fruit, Water and wine
- Price per person: starting from € 30.00
Horseback riding in the Veio Park
Just a few kilometres from Rome, the blissful tranquillity and vibrant colours of the idyllic Veio Park are best experienced on horseback.
With your equestrian guide, follow woodland trails, bubbling brooks and gentle hills, home to foxes, wild boar, hedgehogs and brilliantly-plumed wild birds.
The route will take you past the fascinating archaeological remains of the Etruscan civilization that once resided side by side with nature in this magical place.
Each excursion begins at an inviting riding centre sits atop a small hill near the picturesque medieval hamlet of Isola Farnese.
- 1 hour: € 30,00 per person
- 2 hours: € 45,00 per person
- 3 hours: € 55,00 per person
The riding centre also offers Western (American) horse riding lessons for individuals and groups.
It would be possible to organize lunch at one of the park’s restaurants or farms during or following the trek. Contact us for further information.
The price includes the rent of the horse, guide and insurance.
- Roundtrip shuttle service from La Storta railway station: € 10,00
- Private roundtrip transfers from Rome city centre: from € 150,00
Longer horse rides (for experts)
Etruscan Trails: Nature, History and Legend
- Half day: starting from € 70,00 per person
- Full day: starting from € 110,00 per person
The price includes horse hire, guide and insurance.