Baroque Rome: Bernini and Borromini Tour
Discover the wonders of the Baroque in Rome with our tour of the masterpieces of the two key masters of the Roman Baroque period: Bernini and Borromini.
Walking through the streets of the historic center, the guide will tell you the history of the artistic formation of these two profoundly different artists, as their works reveal, and the many anecdotes of their legendary rivalry.
Given the large amount of works by the two artists, we will be able to tailor the tour for you, according to your preferences.
The guided visit may include the following stages:
- Piazza Navona: the magnificent stage of the Baroque, where the creations of the two rivals face each other, Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers and the Church of St. Agnes in Agony by Borromini
- Church of S. Ivo alla Sapienza: an architectural gem, fruit of the genius of Borromini
- Chiesa Nuova and Oratory of the Philippines, which will amaze with its harmonious curvilinear forms designed by Borromini
- Triton Fountain in Piazza Barberini, by Bernini
- Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria, to admire the Ecstasy of Santa Teresa, a wonderful sculptural work by Bernini
- The two churches of San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane Borromini and Bernini’s Sant’Andrea al Quirinale, located a few hundred metres from each other
- Bernini’s splendid Baldacchino in St. Peter’s Basilica
Contact us for more information and to organize a tailored itinerary for you.