Vatican Museums with Sistine Chapel guided visit
We provide several private guided tours inside the Vatican City with expert guides, to discover some of the most famous artistic masterpieces in the world!
Depending on the visit options chosen, the tour will include the following places:
- Vatican Museums: you will admire the famous Sistine Chapel, masterfully frescoed by Michelangelo, the Raphael Rooms, the Vatican Pinacoteca which houses a collection of paintings including the masterpieces by Giotto, Raphael, Leonardo and Caravaggio
- St. Peter’s Basilica: contains numerous artistic masterpieces such as the Bernini’s Baldachin and the famous “Pietà” by Michelangelo.
- St. Peter’s Square dominated by the magnificent dome designed by Michelangelo and surrounded by the huge Bernini’s colonnade, with the baroque fountains and the Egyptian obelisk in the center.
Duration: variable between 2 and 4 hours
We also offer alternative tour proposals:
Special visits to the Vatican Museums
Special openings of normally closed sections of the Vatican Museums:
- The Bramante staircase with its vertiginous stone spiral
- The marvelous Niccolina Chapel frescoed by Beato Angelico.
- The Chiaramonti Gallery, which houses valuable ancient sculptures
- The Gallery of Geographic Maps, where marvelous geographic maps are frescoed on the walls.
Other visits within the Vatican City
- Vatican Necropolis: located under the Basilica, it houses the sarcophagi of the Popes including that of St. Peter, father of the Catholic Church and that of Pope John Paul II
- Vatican Gardens: it offers a lush artistic and floral display, with exemplary reproductions of gardens in English, French and Italian style
- Around Vatican City: the characteristic Borgo district and the Passetto, Sant’Angelo Castle and Bridge.
- Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo
Contact us for more information or to ask a quote